Sorbitol is a non-volatile polyhydric sugar alcohol. It is chemically stable and not easily to be oxidized by air. It is easily soluble in water, hot ethanol, methanol, isopropanol, butanol alcohol, cyclohexanol, phenol, acetone, acetic acid and dimethyl formamide. It is widely distributed in nature plant fruit.
1. In foods, Sorbitol is used as sweetene because th sorbitol is about 60% as sweet as sucrose.
2. In foods, sorbitol is also used as a humectant in cookies and low-moisture foods like peanut butter and fruit preserves. In baking, it is also valuable because it acts as a plasticizer, and slows down the staling process.
3. In foods, sorbitol can prevent food from drying and aging, prolong shelf life of the product, and effectively prevent food Sugar and other crystal precipitation, can maintain the sweet, sour, bitterness of the balance of strength and increase food flavor.
4. in modern cosmetics, Sorbitol acts as a humectant and thickener.
5. in mouthwash and toothpaste. Some transparent gels can be made only with sorbitol, because of its high refractive index.
6. Sorbitol is used as a cryoprotectant additive (mixed with sucrose and sodium polyphosphates) in the manufacture of surimi, a processed fish paste. It is also used as a humectant in some cigarettes.
7.In medicine, Sorbitol works as a laxative by drawing water into the large intestine, stimulating bowel movements.
|the boiling point
||USP, BP, FCC
||White crystalline granule or powder
|Residue on ignition
||Absent in 1g
Handling and Storage
Precautions for safe handling
Handling in a well ventilated place. Wear suitable protective clothing. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Avoid formation of dust and aerosols. Use non-sparking tools. Prevent fire caused by electrostatic discharge steam.
Conditions for safe storage, including any incompatibilities
Store in tight container as defined in the USP-NF. This material should be handled and stored per label instructions to ensure product integrity. Store in a refrigerator.
Packing & Delivery
Premium Ingredient Co., Ltd has been producing and distributing amino acids, vitamins, nutrition and food additives for decades, severing for more than 100 clients in the fields of food, beverage, diet supplements, cosmetic, pharmaceutical and animal feeding, exporting to dozens of countries. We supply these products only from the first class Chinese factories with over 10 years producing experiences.
With more than 10 years working experience, Premium Ingredient Co., Ltd offers not only quality products, but also good service, quick response, delivery in time, share up-to-the minute market information, supply one-stop-shop solutions.
We have established a long-term, extensive and deep cooperation with the source to ensure sufficient supplies, stable prices, and rapid shipment. Our 3rd party documents include ISO9001, ISO14001, HACCP, HALAL, KOSHER, GMP, FAMI-QS.
We expect you sending email or coming for negotiation.
Q: How long is your delivery time?
A: Generally it is 1-2 weeks..
Q: Do you provide samples ? is it free or extra ?
A: Yes, we could offer the sample for free charge but do not pay the cost of freight.
Q: What's your MOQ ?
A: For the high value product, our MOQ starts from 25kg.
Q: Is there a discount ?
A: Yes, for larger quantity, we always support with better price.
Q: How to confirm the Product Quality before placing orders ?
A: Our products conforms to the internation standard, such as USP, CP, FCC. We can also send you the samples for test. After you confirmed the samples, we will move to the next step for cooperation.
Q: How to start orders or make payments ?
A: You can send our your Purchase order ( if your company has ), or just send a simple confirmation
by email or by Trade Manager, and we will send you Proforma Invoice with our bank details for your confirmation, then you can make payment accordingly.
Q: How do you treat quality complaint ?
A: We tested each batch before delivery and only qualified product will be delivery, in case you find any problem about the quality when you received and tested, send email to us, and enclose the photo of the products and 3rd party test reports, We negotiate to resolve these issues, recall or exchange goods, or compensate.
Q: why we choose you ?
A : We ensure ingredient purity, on-time delivery, process efficiency and the technical documents you require.
(1) quality: meet even exceed what you expect.
(2) prices: competitive
(3) service: one stop shop solution, respond soon, delivery fast, share the market information, share the new application of the product.